Bookmark terms and conditions
- Speech and Language UK (the “Charity”) is offering a free bookmark (“Bookmark”) to individuals who meet the criteria noted in clause 10 below (“Eligible Individual/s”) as part of a promotional campaign.
- Advertisements offering the Bookmark will be placed on social media.
- To receive the Bookmark, an Eligible Individual may enter their name and telephone number and agree to receiving a telephone call. During the call, the Eligible Individual will be asked to provide a postal address (including a postcode) in Great Britain or the other eligible areas listed in clause 10 (“Valid Address”) that the Bookmark can be sent to, as well as hearing more about the Charity’s work, and how the individual can support financially – postage and packaging is not chargeable.
- Eligible Individuals can also opt in to receive further updates about the Charity’s work, including whether they could support the Charity financially and whether they’d like to hear further from the Charity in the future.
- There is no requirement, or obligation, on Eligible Individuals to support the Charity financially or agree to receive future marketing in order to receive the Bookmark.
- Individuals may also request the Bookmark without opting into a telephone call by contacting our supporter care team on 020 7843 2555.
- This offer is available to the intended recipients of the promotion only, and we reserve the right to refuse the free Bookmark to anyone who has signed up from non-approved channels.
- The promotion will commence on 17th October 2023. Free Bookmarks are subject to availability and only while stock lasts. Speech and Language UK reserves the right to withdraw this promotion at any time.
- Only 1 request for a Bookmark per Eligible Individual will be accepted.
- The Bookmark is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives are available.
- The Charity’s Bookmark promotion is only open to residents of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man, aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Charity, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with the administration of the promotion (“Eligible Individual/s”).
- No responsibility is taken for requests which are incomplete; from which the Eligible Individual cannot be identified; or for any technical failure or event, beyond our reasonable control, which may cause the request to be disrupted or corrupted.
- We will attempt to contact Eligible Individuals within 8 weeks of receipt of your request to arrange delivery of your Bookmark, and to update you about the Charity’s work and how you can support it.
- We aim to dispatch your Bookmark within 4 weeks of contacting you. If you do not receive your Bookmark within 4 weeks from your telephone call from us, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check the status of your delivery. No responsibility is taken for items which are lost or damaged in transit.
- The promoter is Speech and Language UK. Speech and Language UK is the operating name of I CAN Charity, a registered charity in England and Wales (210031) and Scotland (SC039947), which is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (00099629). Registered address: 2 Angel Gate, Hall Street, London, EC1V 2PT
- Speech and Language UK operates a Complaints Handling Procedure. Click here for full information https://speechandlanguage.org.uk/media/3805/complaints-policy-and-procedure.pdf. Eligible Individuals are deemed to have accepted, and agreed to be bound by, these Terms and Conditions upon entry. The Charity reserves the right to refuse to award the Bookmark to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Charity reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Charity, its agents or distributors will not, in any circumstances, be responsible or liable to compensate any individual, or accept any liability for any loss, or damage, as a result of accepting the Bookmark except where it is caused by the negligence of the Charity, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to limit or exclude the Charity, its agents or distributors (or their employees) liability for personal injury or death that is, after investigation, attributable to one or all of them.
- The promotion will be governed by English law, and the parties to these Terms and Conditions irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Speech and Language UK will always treat your personal details with the utmost care and will never sell or swap your data with other organisations for their marketing purposes.
We will keep your data safe and private, holding the information you provide for communication, analysis and administrative purposes.
Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion will be managed and held by third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Bookmark and conduct relevant telephone calling. All external suppliers will adhere to the Speech and Language UK Data Processing Agreement.
If we have spoken with you directly, we will hold your information documenting the request and fulfilment of your Bookmark in line with our internal retention policies.
If you have agreed to hear from us going forward, we will send marketing in line with your preferences.
You can change your details or the way we contact you at any time by getting in touch at email@example.com